20 Tips, Tricks and Examples to Create Amazing Call-to-Actions
There is a science to getting people to click your link. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, it’s as simple as asking them to click, but in many cases it takes more understanding of what makes someone tick to get them to click. There are many factors to consider, from copy to images to colors.
A call-to-action (CTA) is a way to encourage a user to take some type of action, for example, filling out a form, purchasing a product, contacting you for more information, etc. Every CTA is different and depends on your marketing goal, but one thing stands the same no matter your CTA – to get inside the mind of the reader to push them to take that action.
Here are my recommendations to get you started with creating amazing call-to-actions:
5 Tips to Craft Amazing Call-to-Actions
1. Create Urgency
It’s just a well known fact that people are always busy. They’re not deliberately ignoring your product or service. They just have more important things to do right here, right now. But what if you created more urgency than what they’re already doing? People have FOMO – the fear of missing out. If they feel they’re going to miss a great opportunity, they’ll jump on the bandwagon even faster. If you’re not creating urgency, you may lose the opportunity for them to opt-in in now or ever.
2. Reference Sentiment
Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you say, it’s how you make someone feel”? In many cases, people don’t remember the exact wording of what they read. What they remember is how it made them feel. Sentiment in marketing always wins out. Consider how you want the user to feel when they read your content. Are you looking to make them excited about a prospect or have empathy for a cause? Take advantage of the sentiment they’re feeling and push them to take action.
3. Add Value
A reader always has one question in mind when viewing your content, “What’s in it for me?”. If you’re not offering something that they want, (that they really, really want) then you’re missing a very important piece of the equation. Think about the type of person you’re trying to entice to click. What do they need? What do they want? Make a list of 3 ways you can add value to that user’s experience, and you’re already halfway there.
4. Make it Easy
In today’s digital world, you have very little time to make an impression on someone. Your content may be competing with hundreds, if not thousands, of other products, services or websites. You need to make your actionable item easy to process. If a user has to jump through hoops to get to the end of the line, they may abandon your funnel altogether. Keep it simple.
Have you ever purchased something based strictly on word-of-mouth testimonials from friends or family? Endorsements in the form of written copy or video testimonials may be the answer to converting readers into customers. Often, a previous customer can sum up your offerings much more concisely than you can, because you’ve solved a very specific problem they had that others may have as well. By presenting testimonials, you’re not only offering endorsements, but also sentiment for other people’s concerns and outcomes.
15 Examples of Amazing Call-to-Actions
1. Create professional, high converting [PRODUCT OR SERVICE] WITHOUT [AN ACTION]
2. Learn the shocking truth about [BLANK]
3. How to take charge of your [PROBLEM] [TIME FRAME]
4. How to get rid of [PROBLEM] without [CONDUCTING A TEDIOUS PROCESS]
5. How [PREMISE] got me a [AMAZING OUTCOME]
6. 10 Shortcuts for [COMPLETING TEDIOUS PROCESS] in Record Time
7. [DO SOMETHING] Like [FAMOUS PERSON/BRAND]: 20 Ways to [BLANK]
8. What [WORLD-CLASS EXAMPLE] can teach us about [BLANK]
9. Are you [IN THIS KIND OF PAIN OR ANXIETY]? We can help.
10. How I [ACHIEVED AN OUTCOME] [BY OVERCOMING A DISADVANTAGE]
11. How to [LIVE THE PROMISE] starting with [A CHANGE, ACTIVITY OR SOLUTION]
12. 5 [Blank] Mistakes That Make You [Look/Sound] Like a [Blank]
13. 11 [Blank] Mistakes you don’t know you’re making
14. If You [CAN/ARE/HAVE] Then You Can [HAVE AN AWESOME OUTCOME]
15. [WARNING/ALERT/ATTENTION/BE ADVISED] – [A SPECIFIC OFFER] will [END/EXPIRE] in [TIME FRAME] if you don’t act now.
Ready to get started creating awesome call-to-actions? Start by creating your own Sniply links on curated posts.